Having training centres in London, Frankfurt, Brussels, Paris and New York enables Communicaid to be your local, national and international language consultancy and training centre for Hausa language courses.
Our Business Business Hausa courses are highly tailored and designed to develop and improve your Hausa language skills, whether you or your organisation’s focus is social, business, legal, diplomatic, or financial. By the culmination of your Hausa language training with Communicaid, you will possess the skills and confidence to effectively communicate in Hausa with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
Take a Business Hausa course with Communicaid, one of the world’s leading providers of Business Hausa training courses.
Benefits of our Business Hausa Courses
- Communicate in Hausa correctly, effectively and confidently
- Feel more comfortable and self-assured when visiting Hausa-speaking countries or communicating with native speakers
- Build and strengthen relationships with Hausa-speaking clients, colleagues, and friends
- Improve you or your organisation’s image by showing your cultural awareness and willingness to cater to the needs of your Hausa-speaking clients
- Demonstrate goodwill and facilitate successful international communication at both a personal and organisational level
Who should attend?
- Anybody doing business with Hausa-speaking clients and/or countries such as Northern Nigeria
- Professionals conducting business regularly with Hausa speakers who wish to strengthen relationships and increase client comfort by attending a Hausa language training course
- Anyone planning to reside in a Hausa-speaking region and wishing to linguistically prepare for their relocation
- Government and non-governmental agency representatives working in a Hausa-speaking region who desire to attain the ability to communicate in Hausa at all levels; social, financial, legal and/or diplomatic.
- Verbal fluency
- Listening skills
- Pronunciation and accent training
- Reading skills
- Telephone communication skills in Hausa
- Effective E-mail writing in Hausa
- Sector-specific terminology
- Presentation & negotiation skills in Hausa
Your Hausa course trainer
BA English MA TESOL; PhD (Hausa Linguistics)
MB has been teaching Hausa for over fifteen years. MB previously delivered Hausa training at SOAS, the University of London and Leiden University in the Netherlands. A graduate of Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto as well as the University of London, MB has held research posts in English and Linguistics in Nigeria and the US. MB also runs a Language Centre for overseas students in Sokoto. Since joining Communicaid as a trainer, he has delivered a wide variety of Hausa courses designed for corporate and public sector clients including the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Facts about the Hausa language
The two main dialects of Hausa are Kano and Sokoto, Kato being the most used and the standard for literary purposes. Hausa is written using two alphabets, Ajami (a version of the Arabic alphabet) and Boko (a version of the Latin alphabet). Today, Boko is the main alphabet used by Hausa speakers.
A major characteristic of Hausa is the language’s lack of declensional endings for nouns. The quantity and gender of nouns are denoted by the order of them in sentences and the use of prepositions.