Linked to the way you speak is how you hear and understand others speaking. A greater awareness of how sounds are produced and the voice is used in your local environment will help you to assimilate these features into your own speech.
Communicaid’s Accent Reduction and Recognition course will help you to improve the sound and style of your speech while focusing on any particular features of your accent that cause unintelligibility. Upon completion of a Communicaid Accent Reduction and Recognition course you will speak with greater clarity and reduced accent that reflects positively on you and your organisation.
Take an Accent Reduction and Recognition course with Communicaid, one of the world’s leading providers of Accent Reduction and Recognition training courses.
Benefits of our Accent Reduction and Recognition Courses
- The ability and confidence to use and control your voice more effectively
- The opportunity to work on particular problem sounds
- An analysis of the key features of the target accent
Who should attend?
- Your accent affects your intelligibility when communicating in English
- You would like to be able to use your voice more clearly and confidently
- Your role involves telephone contact with a target audience from a specific region or country
- Rhythm and stress patterns
- Using intonation for attitude and emotion
- Pausing and breathing
- Relationship between spelling and pronunciation
- Accent familiarisation and extended listening practice
Accent Reduction courses are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule.
Suitably tailored materials will be used throughout your course and your trainer will record you in order to provide you with detailed feedback.
The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your Accent Reduction course will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy.
Your Accent Reduction and Recognition course trainer
JB spent the first five years of his career as a Lloyd’s insurance broker for Lowndes Lambert. He then retrained as an actor and has since made numerous TV, film and theatre appearances. In tandem with his acting career, he has run his own presentation skills consultancy training senior executives from organisations including Texaco, American Airlines and Ford.
In 2000, JB relocated to Budapest where he co-founded a theatre company and continued to develop his training experience. He ran a large number of group and individualised programmes for Hungarians and other foreign nationals working for organisations such as KPMG, IBM and GE. He returned to London in 2005 and now devotes most of his time to corporate training. He has delivered Accent Reduction and Recognition courses to a number of Communicaid clients including Deutsche Bank and Shell.