International audiences present experienced presenters with unique challenges. You may already have well-developed presentation skills and be used to assessing the needs and motivations of your audience and adjusting your presentation style, delivery and content accordingly. However, the rules that apply to home audiences are not always suitable for international ones. Linguistic and cultural issues have a significant bearing on how you and your presentation are received and you may well find you need to adapt your existing presentation skills. What if your audience’s first language isn’t English? Are you confident that the opening you use
Take a Presenting to an International Audience course with Communicaid, one of the world’s leading providers of Presenting to an International Audience training courses. for your presentation is the most effective with a Chinese audience? Is your style of humour appropriate for an international presentation?
Benefits of our Presenting to an International Audience Courses
- A greater understanding of the cultural implications of delivering international presentations to enhance your delivery skills
- Ability to adapt your existing presentation skills for audiences from different nationalities
- Awareness of the linguistic and presentation skills challenges of an international audience
- Practical strategies for preparing and delivering an effective international presentation
Who should attend?
- Regularly speak at international meetings and conferences
- Prepare and deliver presentations to overseas audiences
- Sell and market to overseas clients
- Work in an international team
- Are an internal and external communication specialist
- The presenter – expectations and credibility
- The audience – expectations and motivations
- A cultural perspective on presentation skills
- Using English as an international language
- Use of humour as a presentation skill
- Verbal and non-verbal communication styles
- Preparation and delivery of presentations to international audiences
- Practical tips on cross-cultural presentation skills
- Presentation practice and skill enhancement
Presenting to an International Audience courses are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule.
Suitably tailored materials will be used throughout your Presenting to an International Audience course and your trainer will provide a balance of structured input together with discussion of case studies and scenarios relevant to your own particular context.
The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your Presenting to an International Audience course will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy.
Your Presenting to an International Audience course trainer
Your Presenting to an International Audience trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy and according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is a sample profile of a member of our Personal Skills team.
AGLT is a professional communication skills specialist, delivering high level communication skills programmes, including Negotiations, Presentation Skills and Business Correspondence to major corporate and public sector clients. As one of Communicaid’s core presentation skills trainers, she has designed and delivered presentation skills training programmes to delegates from The Home Office, Deutsche Bank, EBRD, Cadbury Schweppes and Unicredit.
Previously, AGLT worked in education, managing a modern language department in the UK for many years before relocating to France in 2000 where she joined an international training company overseeing the delivery of communication skills training to multinational clients.