Why is a Cross-cultural Awareness training course important? The use of cross-cultural teams creates new opportunities and brings new skills to global organisations. However, interactions between individuals with different cross-cultural backgrounds come with a large scope of challenges and potential risks which need to be addressed.
Our perception of time, relationship with hierarchy and tendency to work alone or in a group are just a few things that are closely related to our core cultural values. Cross-cultural team members need to analyse and understand the impact of their own values on working across cultures and be able to adapt accordingly to the cross-cultural values and attitudes of their international team members. This adaptation process takes time and requires a high level of cross-cultural awareness and competence. A lack of cross-cultural awareness may result in cultural incidents and misunderstandings which will ultimately impede the team’s output and performances.
Tailored to your unique individual and organisational requirements, a Communicaid Cross-cultural Awareness training course will equip your employees with enhanced cross-cultural skills and a raised awareness of possible cultural issues they may face when working across cultures. These new cross-cultural competences will help members of your international teams to work, communicate and interact more effectively, giving them a better chance to reach their targets and achieve success.
Communicaid’s Cross-cultural Awareness training course will provide you with:
- An enhanced cross-cultural awareness
- Relevant cross-cultural tools to help you work more effectively across cultures
- A complete overview of the potential challenges threatening cross-cultural teams
- Strategies to improve communication on cross-cultural teams
- A cross-cultural mindset that will facilitate interactions across cultures
Who should attend?
Communicaid’s Cross-cultural Awareness training course will be of benefit to you if:
- You are working on a cross-cultural team
- You and your staff are increasingly working with colleagues in other countries
- Your staff is becoming more culturally diverse
- You are involved in multinational projects and programmes
All our Cross-cultural Awareness training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. A Cross-cultural Awareness training course typically includes:
- What is cultural awareness and what are the key cross-cultural skills required for effective international working?
- Cultural values and attitudes and their impact on cross-cultural working
- Communication: cross-cultural styles and expectations on multicultural teams
- Virtual communication: practical challenges and strategies
- How to enable trust within a cross-cultural team
- Best practices to handle cross-cultural clashes and conflicts
- Guidelines to create a “third culture” to improve team cohesion
- Action planning and skills development: Developing cross-cultural awareness skills
- Is it culture or language? Identifying the issue and dealing with it
Cross-cultural Awareness training courses are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule.
Suitably tailored Cross-cultural Awareness training course materials will be used throughout your Cross-cultural Awareness training course and your trainer will provide a balance of structured input and discussion of case studies and scenarios relevant to your own particular context. The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your Cross-cultural Awareness training course will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy (please click here to read more about our approach).
Cross-cultural Awareness Training course trainer
Your Cross-cultural Awareness training course trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is a sample profile of a member of our Cross-cultural Awareness training team.
MR – Cross-Cultural Awareness Specialist
Graduated from Northeastern University, USA
The International Profiler License
M R is a global executive coach, a cross-cultural training consultant and university faculty member. Specialising in coaching and training high-level executives in navigating globalisation and multicultural business environments, she has a special interest in emotional and cultural intelligence.
MR moved into the field of intercultural management in 1996 and previously held management positions in a U.S.-based multinational as European Product Leader of Microradiology and in a French electronics company as an Export Director. She has travelled and worked extensively throughout Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
MR holds a number of diplomas in coaching and executive coaching and is trained to use a range of assessment tools including Hogan Assessment Systems, HITeaming and the International Profiler.
MR is a member of the NeuroLeadership Institute, NeuroLeadership Institute, the International Coaching Federation and SIETAR. She is a US national based between France and the United States and able to train and coach in both French and English.