Why Doing Business in Austria? A prosperous nation, Austria became one of Europe’s premier economies following its entry into the European Union in 1995. With easy access to Central and Eastern Europe, Austria continues to attract foreign investors looking to break into new markets. Austria is renowned for its rich history and its cultural contributions to music and art as well as for its prosperous economy. A comprehensive understanding of Austrian social and business culture is essential for anyone wishing to take advantage of Austria’s attractive market.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Austria cultural awareness training courses are ideal for organisations wishing to take advantage of Austria’s vibrant economy and for professionals who wish to establish successful business partnerships with Austrian counterparts. A Doing Business in Austria course will provide you with an understanding of Austrian culture and the tools to successfully establish business in Austria.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Austria courses will provide you with:
- An overview of Austria’s economic and political situation
- Detailed understanding of the impact of Austrian culture on business and the ability to respond to new situations
- Insight into what motivates Austrian business counterparts
- Techniques for working more effectively with Austrian business counterparts
- Tips to ensure successful business partnerships with Austrian colleagues
- A better understanding of the potential obstacles that may arise from working with
Austrians and the solutions to overcoming these issues
Who should attend
A Communicaid Doing business in Austria course will be of benefit to you if you are:
- Interested in establishing business partnerships in Austria
- Remotely working with or managing Austrian counterparts
- Involved in exporting/importing with Austrian business counterparts
- Employing Austrian nationals within your organisation
- Experiencing the challenges of doing business in Austria or with Austrians
All our Doing Business in Austria training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their particular requirements and existing skills set. A Doing Business in Austria course typically includes:
- An overview of Austria’s geographical, historical, political and economic context
- Austrian culture and society: religion, language, national pride, family roles and customs
- Austria’s political and economic influence and its position in Europe
- Austrian business and economic environment
- Austrian corporate culture and business etiquette: mutual responsibility, respect, hierarchy
- Management and working styles for doing business in Austria
- Effective business communication in Austria: using English as an international tool, degrees of formality, verbal and nonverbal cues
- Negotiating in Austria: getting your point across, the importance of formality, directness
- Understanding the concept of Social Partnership and its impact on business
- Understanding the potential obstacles that may arise in the Austrian business environment and solutions to these challenges
Doing Business in Austria programmes are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule.
Suitably tailored materials will be used throughout your Doing Business in Austria course. Training will combine a balance of structured input and discussion of case studies and scenarios relevant to your own particular context.
The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your Doing Business in Austria course will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy.
Doing Business in Austria Course Trainer
Your Doing Business in Austria trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our Austrian culture training team.
KL has worked as a cultural consultant for multinational corporations in Austria, the UK and the USA. Originally from Austria, KL has more than a decade of international business and management experience. After graduating from the University of Vienna, KL moved to the United States to pursue an MBA in International Business at Stanford University.
Following graduation, KL moved back to Vienna where he worked as European Sales Manager for a major airline company for eight years. There he was responsible for managing and training a large sales force as well as planning and implementing the strategic targets across Europe.
In 2004, KL moved to the UK after accepting a position with a major broadcasting company as project manager for a number of European-wide initiatives. In 2006, KL started a career delivering cultural awareness training using his experience in North America and Europe to help people better understand the respective business cultures and working practices.
KL has delivered training for Communicaid’s private and public sector clients since 2006.