Why Doing Business in Luxembourg? With less than half a million inhabitants, Luxembourg is one of the smallest countries in Europe. It is surrounded by some of the largest European economies such as France and Germany whose languages are officially acknowledged for their administrative use in the country. Luxembourg also counts the Luxembourgish dialect as its national language. Immersed in such a multilingual environment, Luxembourgers are strongly open toward the rest of the world. Moreover, with one the highest GDP rates in the world, Luxembourg is an attractive place for business endeavours.
When doing business in Luxembourg, it is critical to demonstrate behaviour that is in keeping with the etiquette and cultural expectations of the Luxembourgish professional environment. Awareness and respect for the specific elements of Luxembourgish culture are key factors in developing successful business strategies and productive working relationships.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Luxembourg cultural awareness programmes are ideal for professionals and teams who need to build more successful business relationships with colleagues, partners and clients in Luxembourg. A Doing Business in Luxembourg course will provide you with the tools to maximise the competitive advantage of doing business in Luxembourg through a mixture of in-depth background information and hands-on practical tips and solutions.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Luxembourg courses will provide you with:
- A clear understanding of Luxembourgish business culture and etiquette
- Enhanced knowledge of key drivers that motivate Luxembourgish business counterparts
- Heightened awareness of the three official languages (national vs administrative) and their different use
- Increased awareness of Luxembourg’s historical roots and its status of Grand Duchy
- Tips to ensure successful business relations with your Luxembourgish colleagues and clients
- Practical strategies for doing business in Luxembourg more effectively
- Better understanding of potential business challenges and solutions for doing business in Luxembourg
Who should attend
A Communicaid Doing Business in Luxembourg course will be of benefit to you if you are:
- Considering doing business in Luxembourg
- Establishing partnerships with business counterparts in Luxembourg
- Experiencing the challenges of doing business in Luxembourg
- Employing Luxembourgish nationals within your business organisation
- Working virtually with Luxembourgish counterparts
All our Doing Business in Luxembourg training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their particular requirements and existing skills set. A Doing Business in Luxembourg course typically includes:
- Overview of Luxembourgish culture: history, languages and sense of identity
- Luxembourg’s great economic openness and its role within Europe
- Luxembourgish key business values and attitudes: privacy, punctuality, and consensus-building
- Management and working practices when doing business in Luxembourg
- Communication, meeting and negotiation styles in Luxembourgish companies
- Challenges and practical solutions for doing business in Luxembourg
Doing Business in Luxembourg programmes are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Brussels, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule.
Training combines tailored materials with a balance of structured input and discussion of case studies and scenarios relevant to your own particular context. The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your Doing Business in Luxembourg course will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy.
Doing Business in Luxembourg Course Trainer
Your Doing Business in Luxembourg trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our Luxembourg culture training team.
LS – Cultural Awareness Trainer
BA Dramatic Arts
M.A. Social and Cultural Anthropology
European Diploma in Cultural Project Management
Born and raised Serbia, LS has lived in Brussels since 1994. She is an experienced trainer, consultant and researcher specialising in intercultural communication, management and mediation.
LS worked in project management in theatre and television in Belgrade before relocating to Belgium and training in intercultural communication. She has delivered cultural awareness training programmes on a variety of cultures such as Luxembourg and Belgium throughout Europe in France, Ukraine and Greece.
Some of her key clients include Interbrew, General Motors, Lockheed Martin Global, GSK, P&G, Pfizer, Fortis, Vodafone, Danone, Bayer and Johnson & Johnson. She also delivers large scale intercultural training programmes to groups of European civil servants at the European Commission and has recently assisted Communicaid with a large cultural awareness training project for a financial institution in Brussels.
LS has given lectures on intercultural projects to post graduates at the University of Vienna and the University of Ulster. LS is also a board member of ORACLE (European Network of Cultural Managers), a member of the Council of Ethnology of French Speaking Community of Belgium and an Ex-board member of SIETAR (Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research).