Why Doing Business in Slovakia? Controlled by the Communist regime for the latter part of the twentieth century until 1989,Slovakia is now making big steps towards improving its internal economy as well as its foreign business sector. As a member of the European Union, Slovakia plans to adopt the Euro in 2009 which will further stabilise the nation. Slovakia’s increased economic growth coupled with its low labour costs make it an ideal location for potential business investments. In order to succeed in this flourishing market, it is important to gain a comprehensive insight into Slovakian culture and have an understanding of Slovakian social and business etiquette.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Slovakia cultural awareness courses are specifically tailored to those who wish to take advantage of this emerging market and to gain a better understanding of the business approaches that guide the Slovakian business world. Courses also benefit those who wish to establish business in Slovakia or to develop working relationships with Slovakian clientele. A Doing Business in Slovakia course will provide you with a deeper appreciation of Slovakian culture and the tips and strategies on how to develop a sustainable competitive advantage in the Slovakian business sector.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Slovakia courses will provide you with:
- Insight into what motivates and drives Slovakians in the business world
- A comprehensive framework for understanding Slovakian colleagues, the current state of affairs in Slovakia as well as the future of its economic environment
- A detailed overview of the cross-cultural differences that may affect business relationships
- Tips to help you form successful business relations with your Slovakian colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Practical strategies for conducting business more effectively with Slovakian counterparts
- A greater awareness of the potential challenges that one may encounter in the Slovakian business environment and the most effective ways to resolve these problems
Who should attend
A Communicaid Doing Business in Slovakia course will be of benefit to you if you are:
- Experiencing the challenges of doing business in Slovakia
- Considering doing business with counterparts in Slovakia
- Managing a business team or project in Slovakia
- Travelling extensively to Slovakia on business for either short-term or long-term projects
- Interested in establishing or further developing partnerships with Slovakian counterparts
- Working with Slovakian nationals within your organisation
All our Doing Business in Slovakia training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their particular requirements and existing skills set. A Doing Business in Slovakia course typically includes:
- An overview of Slovakia: history, politics and economy
- Who are the Slovaks? Culture, traditions, national identity, religion and language and their impact on the business environment
- Effect of Slovakia’s Soviet past and the current influence of the European Union on its economy and politics
- Slovakian business etiquette, cultural values and attitudes in the workplace: hierarchy, formality, time orientation and modesty
- Slovakian management and working styles
- Slovakian communication and negotiation styles for doing business
- An overview of the potential challenges one may face while doing business in Slovakia and practical solutions to overcome them
Doing Business in Slovakia programmes are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule.
Suitably tailored materials will be used throughout your course and training will provide a balance of structured input and discussion of case studies and scenarios relevant to your own particular context.
The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your Doing Business in Slovakia course will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy.
Doing Business in Slovakia Course Trainer
Your Doing Business in Slovakia trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our Slovakian culture training team.
GA – Cultural Awareness Trainer – Slovakia
PhD in Sociology, Graduate School for Social Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
MA in Sociology, Lancaster University, UK
Canadian by birth, GA has extensive experience living, studying and working in Central/Eastern Europe. He was a researcher in a major project gauging Slovak public opinion and press coverage on European Union integration in the run up to the country’s 2004 accession and also worked for the International Organisation for Migrants and Central European University in Poland.
His current research interest is cross-cultural management and as part of the research for his PhD dissertation, GA interviewed a number of Western managers and directors with experience working in Slovakia. Recently GA conducted training sessions for a leading financial services company in the US on doing business in Slovakia and Poland.
GA has delivered cultural awareness training programmes to Communicaid clients such as Printpack, Cadbury Schweppes and Green & Blacks.