Why Doing Business in Singapore? Located in the heart of Asia-Pacific, the hi-tech, cosmopolitan, prosperous country of Singapore offers a wide range of opportunities for business development and expansion. Its advanced social and technological infrastructure, stable and internationally integrated economy and highly skilled work force make Singapore an ideal bridge between East and West. Although English is the language of business in Singapore, the Singaporean business culture is vastly different from that found in English-speaking countries. Understanding this particular culture is essential for establishing positive and productive relationships with your Singaporean colleagues and counterparts.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Singapore courses provide the cultural tools and strategies necessary for effective communication with professionals in the Singaporean business environment. Doing Business in Singapore courses are designed for professionals or teams interested in building successful and productive business relationships with colleagues and clients in Singapore. Professionals doing business in Singapore will be able to maximise the competitive advantage of doing business in Singapore through a mixture of in-depth background information and hands-on practical tips and solutions.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Singapore courses will provide you with:
- Greater awareness of Singaporean business etiquette and culture
- A clear understanding of what motivates Singaporean business professionals
- Practical strategies for more effective business relationships with Singaporean counterparts
- Heightened sensitivity to potential challenges of establishing or doing business in Singapore
- An overview of culture and country “shock” and tools for overcoming it
- Practical strategies for more effectively establishing and doing business in Singapore
Who should attend
A Communicaid Doing Business in Singapore course will be of benefit to you if you are:
- Travelling regularly to Singapore for business
- Considering establishing or doing business in Singapore
- Experiencing the challenges of doing business in Singapore
- Working with Singaporean nationals as partners, clients or colleagues
- Integrating Singaporean employees into your business
All our Doing Business in Singapore training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their particular requirements and existing skills set. A Doing Business in Singapore course typically includes:
- An introduction to Singapore including the influence of history, geography, ethnic diversity and industry on business and society
- An understanding of business practices and relationships in Singapore
- Business culture and attitudes in the Singaporean workplace: appropriate greetings and signs of respect, group orientation, relationship building
- Communication, management and negotiation styles for doing business in Singapore
- Challenges and practical solutions for doing business in Singapore
Doing Business in Singapore programmes are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule.
Suitably tailored materials will be used throughout your course and your trainer will provide a balance of structured input and discussion of case studies and scenarios relevant to your own particular context.
The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your Doing Business in Singapore course will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy.
Doing Business in Singapore Course Trainer
Your Doing Business in Singapore trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our Asia Pacific culture training team.
BA in Business Studies
LC has nearly thirty years of human resources and training experience with blue chip companies in the financial services, publishing, airline and engineering industries and has substantial international experience including five years spent living and working in Singapore.
LC’s first HR management position was with Scandinavian Airlines Group where she was responsible for setting up the HR/training function for SAS Service Partner. She then spent several years with Timex Corporation before joining McGraw Hill Europe in 1998. Here she was responsible for the HR function to over 16 European group companies and set up and implemented performance management programmers in addition to running training in recruitment, employment law and equal opportunities.
In1998 LC relocated to Singapore as Human Resources Director for McGraw Hill Asia Pacific in order to establish the HR function for eleven growing businesses with 1100 professional staff in Singapore, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Australia and India.
LC now works as a consultant providing HR training and advice, presentation skills and project management training and coaching and cross cultural management programmes. She has delivered Living & Working in Singapore cultural awareness training courses to many blue chip companies on behalf of Communicaid.