Why Doing Business in Russia? Russia, the largest country in the world, has a rich and diverse cultural identity that has been shaped and moulded by its long history and vast geography. With the world’s largest resource of raw materials and the recent establishment of a consumer economy, Russia has become a prime location for investment and business opportunities. For those organisations wishing to successfully enter the Russian business market or employees tasked with doing business in Russia, an understanding of Russian business and social culture is key for success.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Russia cultural awareness courses are ideal for professionals and teams who endeavour to build more successful business relationships with Russian colleagues, suppliers and clients. Doing Business in Russia will provide you with the tools to maximise the competitive advantage of doing business in Russia through a combination of in-depth background information and hands-on practical tips and solutions.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in Russia courses will provide you with:
- A clear understanding of the key drivers that motivate Russian business counterparts
- A comprehensive framework for understanding Russian business and culture
- Practical strategies for doing business more effectively with Russian counterparts
- A better understanding of the challenges of establishing or doing business in Russia
- Greater ability to establish successful relationships with your Russian colleagues, clients and
Who should attend
A Communicaid Doing Business in Russia course will be of benefit to you if you are:
- Considering doing business in Russia
- Establishing a network of Russian suppliers
- Experiencing the challenges of doing business in Russia
- Employing Russian nationals within your organisation
All our Doing Business in Russia training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. A Doing Business in Russia course typically includes:
- Historical, political and economic overview of Russia
- Russian culture: religion, language, beliefs and customs
- Russian business cultural values and attitudes in the workplace
- Management and working styles for doing business in Russia
- Russian business communication and negotiation styles
- Challenges and solutions for doing business in Russia
Doing Business in Russia programmes are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule.
Suitably tailored materials will be used throughout your course and your trainer will provide a balance of structured input and discussion of case studies and scenarios relevant to your own particular context.
The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your Doing Business in Russia course will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy.
Doing Business in Russia Course Trainer
Your Doing Business in Russia trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our Russian culture training team.
DC lived and worked in Russia for several years, while with an American trading company, travelling extensively throughout the former Soviet Union.
On returning to the UK, he became an Export Promoter, encouraging UK companies to look at opportunities for doing business in Russia; it was at this time that he wrote the best-selling business publication "Russia: Market Approaches", now in its third edition.
DC was Managing Director of the Russo-British Chamber of Commerce in London for seven years, developing its business, expanding its services, and re-opening its Russian office. He remains a director of the RBCC. DC now runs his own company, trading with Russia. He is also a director of Ken Read & Son, a major food supplier to Russia, and of Fizz International Russia, a UK clothing manufacturer, exporting to Russia. He sits on the Board of RBCC PCG, the Corporate Governance initiative for Russia, and on the Board of its parent company, PCG Worldwide.
A fluent Russian speaker, DC travels regularly to Russia, and is a regular speaker and broadcaster on Russian business and culture matters. He has delivered successful Doing Business in Russia courses to a number of Communicaid clients including Cadbury Schweppes, Gillette and TRW.