Why Living and Working in Argentina? Modern Argentinian culture is a vibrant and diverse blend of European, Amerindian and African influences. One of South America’s leading economies, Argentina is an ideal location for foreign business and investment. Argentina’s diversified economy, substantial supply of natural resources and agricultural exports and growing industry, provides numerous business opportunities for international investors. An understanding of Argentina’s historical, political and economic context as well as its unique social and business culture is vital for any organisation wishing to do business in Argentina.
Relocating to Argentina for international assignments can be an exciting but stressful experience. It is important to be able to adapt to a new culture and way of doing things so reduce the frustrations that arise from cultural misunderstandings. Communicaid’s Living & Working in Argentina course will provide you with a deeper appreciation of the underlying elements that shape Argentinian society as well as provide the necessary practical information to help international assignees transition to the Argentinian way of life.
A Communicaid Living and Working in Argentina course will provide you with:
- Geography, history, politics and economy and how they have influenced Argentinian culture
- A comprehensive overview of key Argentinian values and attitudes
- An awareness of culture shock and tips for successfully dealing with it
- Communication skills and how to respond appropriately to differing business and social situations in Argentinian culture
- Techniques to ensure a successful experience living and working in Argentina
Who should attend
Living and Working in Argentina will be of benefit to you if you:
- Are currently living and working in Argentina
- Are about to relocate to Argentina for business purposes
- Commuting frequently to Argentina for assignments
- Travelling extensively to Argentina for social or professional purposes
All our Living and Working in Argentina training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their personal/organisational requirements and existing skills set. A Living and Working in Argentina course typically includes:
- Historical, political and economic outline of Argentina
- Argentinian culture: religion, language, customs, traditions and ethnic groups
- Overview of Argentina and its economic and political position in South America
- Practical information for everyday living and working in Argentina
- Tips for managing culture shock and ensuring a smoother transition into Argentinian society
- Argentinian business and corporate culture: hierarchy, time, group-orientation, decision-making and regulations
- Strategies for building successful working relationships with Argentinian counterparts
- Business practices including meetings, presentations and negotiations
- Etiquette for social functions and business meetings in Argentina
- Argentinian management, leadership and negotiation styles
- Tips to effectively communicate across cultures: language barriers, levels of formality, verbal and non verbal cues and levels of directness and indirectness
- Solutions for overcoming various challenges that may arise while living and working in Argentina
Living and Working in Argentina courses are available seven days a week, 365 days a year, either at one of our training centres in London, Paris, Frankfurt and New York or at your offices in any location worldwide. We usually recommend a one or two day course but can also offer a more flexible format to suit your schedule.
Suitably tailored materials will be used throughout your course and your trainer will provide a balance of structured input and discussion of case studies and scenarios relevant to your own particular context.
The most appropriate training format, content and approach for your Living and Working in Argentina course will be discussed during your diagnostic consultancy.
Living and Working in Argentina Course Trainer
Your Living and Working in Argentina trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our Argentinian culture training team.
AC – Cultural Awareness Trainer – Argentina
BA in International Studies, Georgetown University
MA in International Business, New York University
AC is a highly experienced trainer with expertise in international business. A native of Argentina, AC has lived extensively in the US where she earned her university degrees and the UK where she has worked for several years.
AC has had broad experience of living across cultures starting with her childhood divided between her native Argentina and the US. She then moved to New York where she worked for the United Nations as a Spanish translator for representatives while completing her Masters.
AC then moved back to Argentina where she worked as the Development Manager for a major international marketing firm. Her main responsibilities included managing a sales team and presenting to international clients. She then relocated to the UK where she has lived for over 10 years.
AC currently delivers cultural awareness seminars and programmes to a wide variety of clientele throughout the United Kingdom.