Australia’s immense geographical variety, multiculturalism and diverse population have created a land of cultural fusion and huge opportunity. Australia’s strong economy encompassing developed agriculture and manufacturing industries, a highly skilled and multilingual workforce and low operating costs have made Australia one of the most dominant and attractive market economies in the world. In order to fully comprehend the complexity of this nation and fully benefit from doing business in Australia, it is essential to gain an understanding of the underlying concepts of its culture and business etiquette.
Ensure the success of your international business venture by learning more about doing business in Australia and the Australian business culture.
Benefits of Doing Business in Australia Courses
- Framework for understanding what motivates your Australian business counterparts
- Greater awareness of Australian business etiquette and culture
- Practical strategies for doing business more effectively with Australian counterparts
- Better understanding of the potential issues and solutions involved in establishing or doing business in Australia
Who should attend?
- Considering investing or doing business in Australia
- Involved in exportation/importation or doing business in Australia
- Looking to establish partnerships or merge with Australian counterparts
- Employing Australian nationals within your organisation
All our Doing Business in Australia training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. A Doing Business in Australia course typically includes:
- Socio-economic, historical and political overview of Australia
- Australian culture and values including religion, language, beliefs and customs
- An overview of the current Australian business and economic environments
- Australian business culture values and attitudes: individualism, openness, egalitarianism
- Management and working styles for doing business in Australia
- Communication, meeting and negotiation styles when doing business in Australia
- Challenges and solutions for establishing relationships and doing business in Australia
Your Doing Business in Australia trainer
Your Doing Business in Australia trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our intercultural training team.
GT is a Sydney based specialist in the fields of intercultural training, international relocation and career transition. Having undergone several international relocations herself, she has devoted her career to supporting expatriate and repatriate individuals and families with personal and professional transition issues. She is a UK national and has lived and worked in France, Spain, Brazil and the United States.
GT’s professional background includes language teaching, human resource management, training and development, and executive coaching. During her ten year career as an intercultural trainer, Gina has developed and delivered individual cross-cultural orientations, group global awareness programmes, and expat career and life planning workshops.
During her 17 years in New York, GT worked with a wide range of blue chip clients including Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, Pfizer, Texaco and American Express. She also held the position of Career Channel Editor at ExpatSpouse.com for three years and published CultureSmart USAan essential guide to American culture.
GT has delivered Doing Business in Australia courses to Communicaid clients including Cadbury Schweppes.