You will be provided with the tools to maximise the competitive advantage of doing business in Japan through a mixture of in-depth background information on Japan and hands-on practical tips and solutions for working with the Japanese. As the world’s second largest economy, Japan offers a wealth of investment and market opportunities to international businesses. Doing business in Japan, however, is not without its challenges for foreign business. Japanese culture is well known for its unique etiquette and traditions and international business is not exempt from these influences. Understanding Japanese culture, ethics and business values is paramount to any organisation wanting to conduct business in today’s rapidly progressing Japan.
Ensure the success of your international business venture by learning more about doing business in Japan and Japanese business culture.
Benefits of Doing Business in Japan Courses
- A clear understanding of the key drivers and motivators of your Japanese business counterparts
- Greater awareness of Japanese culture and business etiquette
- Practical strategies for doing business more effectively with Japanese counterparts
- Better understanding of the potential issues and solutions involved in establishing or doing business in Japan
Who should attend?
- Considering doing business in Japan
- Managing projects remotely with Japanese colleagues or partners
- Establishing partnerships with Japanese companies
- Experiencing the challenges of doing business in Japan
- Employing Japanese nationals within your organisation
All our Doing Business in Japan training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. A Doing Business in Japan course typically includes:
- Overview of Japanese economic, political and business environment
- Japanese culture: religion, history, language, beliefs and customs
- Japanese cultural values and attitudes in the workplace
- Management and working styles for doing business in Japan
- Communication styles when doing business in Japan
- Challenges and solutions for doing business in Japan
Your Doing Business in Japan trainer
Your Doing Business in Japan trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our intercultural training team.
Having lived and worked in Japan for over five years, RJ has in depth knowledge of Japanese cultural issues together with a high level of spoken Japanese. His time there was spent in Kanazawa and Toyama working in education both as teacher of French and English and as an academic manager with responsibility for managing budgets, recruiting staff and curriculum planning. As a trainer, he worked with delegates from major companies including Deutsche Bank, Microsoft, National Panasonic and Winterthur delivering high level skill based training which also incorporated cultural issues.
RJ returned to the UK in 2002 to take his Masters in Intercultural Communication which included research on power, distance and politeness among the Japanese, Chinese and English. He now divides his time between lecturing in cross-cultural communication, working as a translation consultant and delivering intercultural training on Japan for corporate and public sector clients. He has delivered training programmes for numerous Communicaid clients including Accenture, Ashurst, Mitsubishi Bank of Tokyo, Tesco and UKTI.