Improve your intercultural competence with Communicaid, one of the world’s leading providers of International Management Selection courses.
As companies increasingly operate internationally, whether from a home base or offices around the globe, they are faced with the challenging task of appointing employees able to work comfortably and effectively in multinational environments or on international assignments.
Not only must these individuals have the appropriate technical skills required for the job; more importantly, to interact effectively with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds and to deal with different workplace cultures and structures, international assignees need to possess a unique combination of personal and interpersonal competencies to allow them to cope with unknown situations and communicate across cultural differences successfully.
Benefits of International Management Selection Courses
- An overview of the typical “life cycle” of an international assignee and the cultural challenges involved in international assignments
- An examination of the role of culture in international staff selection
- The opportunity to satisfy employer and employee expectations with host-country realities
- An in-depth look at incorporating cultural competence into the staff selection process
Who should attend?
- Are a human resources professional involved in selecting candidates for overseas assignments
- Are involved in selecting overseas staff for local positions
- Are setting up an international project team
International Management Selection courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. An International Management Selection course typically includes:
- The impact of culture on international assignees
- The lifecycle of a typical international assignee
- Cultural challenges in the workplace
- Cross-cultural communication styles
- Meeting expectations
- Techniques for selecting the ‘right’ international manager
- Preparation and development of international assignees
Your International Management Selection trainer
Your International Management Selection course trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our culture training team.
AMB combines her own first-hand experience of living and working in numerous different cultures with academic studies and extensive work experience in the field of cultural awareness. She has personally relocated across cultures several times since childhood and has an empathetic appreciation for those living and working across cultures.
German by birth, AMB completed her secondary education in London and Brussels, and then returned to the UK to undertake her first degree. After graduating, she worked at the European Commission in Brussels, then spent seven years in Washington, DC, editing the European Commission’s EUROPE magazine. On her return to the UK, AMB worked as a freelance consultant, maintaining her links with the European Commission providing liaison, translation and cultural awareness services. She focused on cultural differences between France, Germany, the UK and US in both business and social contexts. More recently, AMB worked as European Officer for Brighton and Hove City Council for two years, before returning to full-time education to pursue her Masters. She graduated from the University of Luton at the end of 2003 completing her dissertation on the role of culture in international mergers.
AMB has delivered a substantial amount of cross-cultural training since joining Communicaid at the beginning of 2004 working with a number of key clients including Gillette, Adidas, Colt and GSK. She has recently relocated to Lille and delivers training in both the UK and France.