Individual, team and organisation-wide programmes available worldwide to meet your relocation, international business, virtual management or global leadership needs.
Benefits of Intercultural Training Courses
- In-depth cultural awareness and understanding of the impact of cultural differences
- The necessary foundation and tools to become culturally competent
- A better understanding of the cultural challenges facing multicultural workplaces
- The opportunity to enhance cultural sensitivity and competence
- Practical tools to reduce cross-cultural misunderstanding and encourage positive cross-cultural working relationships
Who should attend?
- Your organisation is growing its business beyond national borders
- You and your staff are increasingly working with colleagues in other countries
- Your staff is becoming more culturally diverse
- You are involved in multinational projects and programmes
All our Intercultural Training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. An Intercultural Training course typically includes:
- What is cultural awareness?
- Cultural values and attitudes (time, space, group dynamics, authority, tasks, relationships)
- Communication styles
- Cross-cultural management skills
- Working together across cultures
- Developing cultural awareness
- Language issues
- Tips and strategies for specific countries
Your Intercultural Training trainer
Your Cultural Awareness Training course trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our culture training team.
AMB combines her own first-hand experience of living and working in numerous different cultures with academic studies and extensive work experience in the field of cultural awareness. She has personally relocated across cultures several times since childhood and has an empathetic appreciation for those living and working across cultures.
German by birth, AMB completed her secondary education in London and Brussels, and then returned to the UK to undertake her first degree. After graduating, she worked at the European Commission in Brussels, then spent seven years in Washington, DC, editing the European Commission’s EUROPE magazine. On her return to the UK, AMB worked as a freelance consultant, maintaining her links with the European Commission providing liaison, translation and cultural awareness services. More recently, AMB worked as European Officer for Brighton and Hove City Council for two years, before returning to full-time education to pursue her Masters. She graduated from the University of Luton at the end of 2003 completing her dissertation on the role of culture in international mergers.
AMB has delivered a substantial amount of cultural awareness training since joining Communicaid at the beginning of 2004 working with a number of key clients including Gillette, Adidas, Colt Telecom and GSK. She has recently relocated to France and delivers training in both the UK and France.