Lost business, poor working relations and unfavourable contract discussions with your overseas clients, partner or suppliers may be the result of ineffective negotiation skills. The ability to adapt your negotiating skills to those of the local market is now, more than ever, crucial.
Whether you require adapted negotiation skills to assist in your discussions with new European suppliers or need to understand Japanese negotiation practices to secure an important contract, Communicaid is able to design a negotiation skills course specifically for you. Upon completion of a Communicaid Negotiation Skills course you will speak more clearly and more confidently.
Benefits of Negotiating across Cultures Training Courses
- Greater understanding of the cultural implications of negotiating across culture
- The ability to adapt your existing negotiation skills for an international context
- Awareness of the linguistic challenges using your negotiation skills internationally
- Practical strategies for preparing for and achieving successful negotiations across cultures
Who should attend?
- Negotiate with international clients, partners and suppliers
- Are part of an international project team
- Are involved in international joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions
All our Negotiating across Cultures courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. A Negotiating across Cultures course typically includes:
- Key negotiation styles and strategies
- Cultural implications of negotiating across cultures
- Communication styles for international negotiations
- Step-by-step approach to international negotiations
- Adapting your English for an international context
- The use of humour in negotiation
- Culture clash and how to avoid failed negotiations
Your Negotiating across Cultures trainer
Your Negotiating across Cultures trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our culture training team.
PS – Cross Cultural Specialist
BA in Business Studies, University of Frankfurt Licensed Consultant for The International Profiler, DISC and TMC
PS has over eleven years of experience in consultancy, human resources management and intercultural training and has lived in the UK, Poland, Egypt as well as her native Germany. Her key areas of expertise include global leadership, multicultural teams, international assignments, repatriation and cross cultural management.
PS now works as an intercultural training consultant in London. Her experience in the field of international HR project management involves working in areas of recruitment, organisational development, performance management and employee relations. More recently, PS has worked on several global leadership consultancy projects focusing on leadership, diversity, cross cultural issues and workforce development.
Her executive and team coaching approach is based on several licensed tools which help to identify cultural development gaps and improve individual effectiveness when working across cultures.