Improve your intercultural competence with Communicaid, one of the world’s leading providers of Repatriation Training courses.
Repatriation can often be a more frustrating experience than leaving your own culture for an overseas assignment. Expectations that “returning home” is also a return to pre-assignment life are usually dashed early on. The international experience has changed the outlook and expectations of returning employees and their families. Their experiences seem of little interest to old friends and the assignee’s new job will undoubtedly be different from the one left behind. In fact, the returning employee experiences the same symptoms and emotions on repatriation as the manager departing for an international assignment—in reverse.
Benefits of Repatriation Training Courses
- An empathetic guide through some of the hidden challenges you and your family will encounter on repatriation
- Strategies to help ease the “reverse” culture shock experience for everyone concerned
- Up-to-date information on any home-country developments since your departure such as taxation, education and media
- An opportunity to discuss any individual concerns regarding repatriation
Who should attend?
- You are a HR or International Assignments Manager and need to understand more about the impact repatriation can have on the employee, family and organisation
- You are an international assignee returning to your home country, whether within the same organisation or a new one
- You are returning from your partner’s overseas assignment and plan to re-enter the workplace
- You are returning with your family and wish to make repatriation as smooth as possible for all concerned
Repatriation Training courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. A Repatriation Training course typically includes:
- The expatriate experience – new skills and experiences
- Readjusting to repatriation – reverse culture shock
- Repatriation for all the family
- Returning to the workplace
- Coping with change
- Maximising your cross cultural experience
- Home country updates
Your Repatriation Training course trainer
Your Repatriation Training course trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our culture training team.
CR has over twenty years’ international management and intercultural training experience with corporate and non-profit clients in both the USA and UK. She has worked with a number of major multinationals across a wide range of sectors including engineering, energy, finance, pharmaceutical and petrochemical industries. Her areas of expertise include diversity training, intercultural coaching, UK and US business training and relocation and repatriation training courses.
After graduating in American Studies, CR moved to Chicago where she lived and worked for over ten years. She spent the first four years as Training Manager with International Orientation Resources recruiting and supervising trainers in addition to delivering training herself. She then moved to Bennett Associates where her projects included Train-the –Trainer, cultural adaptability, cross-cultural awareness for international management and intercultural training courses for HR. CR’s final position in the States was as Project Manager for the Anti-Defamation League developing materials and seminars for diversity training.
On her return to the UK in 1996, CR completed her Masters in Strategic Training and Development and has since worked as an intercultural and global diversity consultant delivering cultural transition and repatriation training, diversity seminars and intercultural courses in support of European mergers and acquisitions and international HR. CR also regularly delivers workshops and seminars for a number of professional organisations such as SIETAR and CIPD. She has delivered cultural awareness and repatriation training courses for key Communicaid clients including L’Oréal and Cadbury Schweppes.