From an intensive one-to-one Hausa course at our London training centre to an in-house Hausa course at your own office, Communicaid is able to provide you and your organisation with language training that will meet all of your needs. Having training centres in London , Frankfurt, Paris , and New York enables Communicaid to be your local, national and international language consultancy and training centre for Hausa language courses.
Why learn Hausa with Communicaid? Our Hausa courses are highly tailored and designed to develop and improve your Hausa language skills, whether you or your organisation's focus is social, business, legal, diplomatic, or financial. By the culmination of your Hausa language training with Communicaid, you will possess the skills and confidence to effectively communicate in Hausa with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
Location: In addition to our Hausa language training courses in London , we are also able to provide Hausa language training worldwide using our international training centres and global partners.
Benefits of our Hausa language course
A Communicaid Hausa course will provide you with the ability to:
- Communicate in Hausa correctly, effectively and confidently
- Feel more comfortable and self-assured when visiting Hausa-speaking countries or communicating with native speakers
- Build and strengthen relationships with Hausa-speaking clients, colleagues, and friends
- Improve you or your organisation's image by showing your cultural awareness and willingness to cater to the needs of your Hausa-speaking clients
- Demonstrate goodwill and facilitate successful international communication at both a personal and organisational level
Who should attend our Hausa school
A Communicaid Hausa course is appropriate for:
- Anybody doing business with Hausa-speaking clients and/or countries such as Northern Nigeria
- Professionals conducting business regularly with Hausa speakers who wish to strengthen relationships and increase client comfort by attending a Hausa language training course
- Anyone planning to reside in a Hausa-speaking region and wishing to linguistically prepare for their relocation
- Government and non-governmental agency representatives working in a Hausa-speaking region who desire to attain the ability to communicate in Hausa at all levels; social, financial, legal and/or diplomatic.
Hausa course content
The content and format of your Hausa training will be tailored to your needs and thus will depend on your profession, proficiency, and objectives. Whether beginner, survival, intermediate or advanced, key areas covered in all our Hausa courses include:
- Verbal fluency
- Listening skills
- Pronunciation and accent training
- Reading skills
- Telephone communication skills in Hausa
- Effective E-mail writing in Hausa
- Sector-specific terminology
- Presentation & negotiation skills in Hausa
Communicaid's Hausa language training courses are available everyday of the week, 365 days a year. Training takes place between 08:00 and 20:00 although courses are also available outside of these hours upon request.
Suitable, tailored and published Hausa course materials will be used throughout, with recommendations on extra reading and independent study materials made at the beginning and during your training course.
Communicaid offers a variety of formats for your Hausa training - from intensive, weeklong courses to extensive, modular lessons. Your entire specific needs will be assessed during your individual diagnostic consultancy (please click here to read more about our approach).
Hausa course trainer
All Communicaid Hausa trainers are native speakers with at least 3 years' professional Hausa training experience. In addition to relevant academic and linguistic qualifications, many of our Hausa trainers also have considerable exposure and expertise in the professional world as well as related personal experiences.
Your Hausa trainer will be assigned to you based on your specific requirements, objectives and areas of focus assessed through the results of your diagnostic consultancy.
MA TESOL; PhD (Hausa Linguistics)
MB has been teaching Hausa for over fifteen years. MB previously delivered Hausa training at SOAS, the University of London and Leiden University in the Netherlands. A graduate of Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto as well as the University of London, MB has held research posts in English and Linguistics in Nigeria and the US. MB also runs a Language Centre for overseas students in Sokoto. Since joining Communicaid as a trainer, he has delivered a wide variety of Hausa courses designed for corporate and public sector clients including the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Facts about the Hausa language
Hausa is an Afro-Asiatic tongue of the Chadic group and is the official language of Northern Nigeria . It is also spoken in areas of Niger , Benin , Burkina Faso , Cameroon , CAR, Chad , Congo , Eritrea , Germany , Ghana , Sudan and Togo . Hausa is spoken by about 39 million people.
The two main dialects of Hausa are Kano and Sokoto, Kato being the most used and the standard for literary purposes. Hausa is written using two alphabets, Ajami (a version of the Arabic alphabet) and Boko (a version of the Latin alphabet). Today, Boko is the main alphabet used by Hausa speakers.
A major characteristic of Hausa is the language's lack of declensional endings for nouns. The quantity and gender of nouns are denoted by the order of them in sentences and the use of prepositions.