Whether you require an intensive one-to-one Yoruba course at our London training centre or an in-house Yoruba course at your own office, Communicaid is able to provide you and your organisation with a language course that will meet all of your needs. Having training centres in London , Frankfurt, Paris , and New York enables Communicaid to be your local, national and international language consultancy and training centre for Yoruba language courses.
Our Yoruba courses are highly personalised and designed to develop and improve your Yoruba language skills, whether you or your organisation's focus is social, business, legal, diplomatic, or financial. Upon completion of your Yoruba language training with Communicaid, you will have the skills and confidence to effectively communicate in Yoruba with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
Location: In addition to our Yoruba training courses in London , we are also able to provide Yoruba language training worldwide using our international training centres and global partners.
Benefits of our Yoruba language course
A Communicaid Yoruba course will provide you with the ability to:
- Communicate in Yoruba effectively and confidently
- Feel more comfortable and confident when visiting Yoruba-speaking countries or communicating with native speakers
- Build and strengthen relationships with Yoruba-speaking clients, colleagues, and friends
- Improve you or your organisation's image by showing your cultural awareness and willingness to cater to the needs of your Yoruba-speaking clients
Who should attend our Yoruba school
A Communicaid Yoruba course is suitable for:
- Anyone doing business with Yoruba-speaking clients and/or countries
- Professionals conducting business regularly with Yoruba speakers who wish to strengthen relationships and increase client comfort by attending a Yoruba language training course
- Anyone planning to reside in a Yoruba-speaking region and wishing to linguistically prepare for the relocation
- Government and non-governmental agency representatives working in a Yoruba-speaking region who desire to attain the ability to communicate in Yoruba at all levels; social, financial, legal and/or diplomatic.
Yoruba course content
The content and format of your Yoruba training will be tailored to your needs and thus will depend on your profession, proficiency, and objectives. Regardless of your actual proficiency in the Yoruba language, all courses include the following:
- Verbal fluency
- Listening skills
- Pronunciation and accent training
- Reading skills
- Telephone communication skills in Yoruba
- Effective E-mail writing in Yoruba
- Sector-specific terminology
- Presentation & negotiation skills in Yoruba
Communicaid's Yoruba language training courses are available everyday of the week, 365 days a year. Training takes place between 08:00 and 20:00 although courses are also available outside of these hours upon request.
Suitable, personalised and published Yoruba course materials will be used throughout, with recommendations on extra reading and independent study materials made at the beginning and during your training course.
Communicaid offers a variety of formats for your Yoruba training - from intensive, weeklong courses to extensive, modular lessons. Your entire specific needs will be assessed during your diagnostic consultancy.
Yoruba course trainer
All Communicaid Yoruba trainers are native speakers with at least 3 years’ professional Yoruba training experience. In addition to relevant academic and linguistic qualifications, many of our Yoruba trainers also have considerable exposure and expertise in the professional world as well as related personal experiences.
Your Yoruba trainer will be assigned to you based on your specific requirements, objectives and areas of focus assessed through the results of your diagnostic consultancy. Detailed below is a sample profile of one of our Yoruba trainers.
A graduate of Nigeria’s Bayero University with a degree in English and European Language studies, PT originally worked as a translator for international visitors and professional assignees in Nigeria. Leaving Nigeria in the late 1990s, PT has spent time in various African countries and North America studying language and lecturing on Nigerian history and politics. PT joined Communicaid in 2005 after spending several years as a Yoruba and African language course trainer in the United States.
Facts about the Yoruba language
The Yoruba language is spoken mostly in the Southwestern region of Nigeria , as well as in sections of Togo and Benin . Yoruba is also spoken in Cuba (called Lukumi) and in Brazil (called Nago).
There are about 20 dialects of Yoruba which is called the Akoko Cluster, however there is one standard dialect used for writing and literature. Standard Yorubi is used to communicate between all Yoruba speakers regardless of the native dialect. In all, over 20 million people speak Yoruba.
Yoruba is a well-established language used in a variety of communication media, including books, newspapers, television, radio, and pamphlets. It is also used and studied in many Nigerian universities.