International success is no longer a question of the size of an organisation, it is now more than ever about having the right people with the right skills. This is especially true in the case of international business managers and leaders. Managing international projects or multicultural teams requires to the ability to manage and understand cultural differences between employees and team members, as well as the diverse business cultures that exist across the world.
Styles and approaches that work well at home when leading organisations or managing people are often less effective in a global context. This means that managers need to adopt a global mindset that allows them to flex their natural leadership styles and adapt their default behaviours to the culture and context they are working in.
After participating in a Leading across Cultures programme you will be better equipped to appropriately and effectively respond to cross-cultural challenges facing global leaders today. Improve your intercultural competence with Communicaid, one of the world’s leading providers of Leading Across Cultures courses.
Benefits of Leading Across Cultures Courses
- An increased awareness of culture’s key drivers and their impact on you as a global leader
- An understanding of how different communication styles affect international business and leadership
- Improved communication skills to positively interact and lead colleagues and counterparts in a global context
- Enhanced leadership skills to more effectively inspire and motivate people across cultures
- An opportunity to compare your experiences of global leadership with people in a similar role, furthering your understanding of culture’s influence on global leadership
- Concrete tools and strategies to improve leadership and develop long-term relationships with global colleagues and contacts
Who should attend?
- Managers of an international or multicultural team either at home or abroad
- Leaders of global projects that involve colleagues and counterparts in different locations across the world
- Business people who have been identified as potential global leaders
- International managers who have experienced challenges of leading across cultures
Leading Across Cultures courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. A Leading Across Cultures course typically includes:
- Culture’s key drivers: how they impact on global leadership and affect business interactions
- Perceptions, stereotypes and expectations across cultures
- Cross-cultural differences in leadership styles and working preferences
- Managing across cultures with impact: how to adapt your communication style for more effective global leadership
- Change, ambiguity and conflict management in multinational teams and projects
- Virtual communication: challenges, benefits and strategies for more effective virtual global leadership
- Practical tools and strategies for leading more effectively across cultures
Your Leading Across Cultures trainer
Your Leading Across Cultures course trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our culture training team.
PS – Cross Cultural Specialist
BA in Business Studies, University of Frankfurt Licensed Consultant for The International Profiler, DISC and TMC
PS has over eleven years of experience in consultancy, human resources management and intercultural training. PS delivers training programmes for a large number of corporate multinationals and public sector organisations in a wide range of countries including Germany, Poland and the UK. Her key areas of expertise include global leadership, multicultural teams, international assignments, repatriation and cross cultural management.
PS now works as an intercultural training consultant in London. Her experience in the field of international HR project management involves working in areas of recruitment, organisational development, performance management and employee relations. More recently, PS has worked on several global leadership consultancy projects focusing on leadership, diversity, cross cultural issues and workforce development.
Her executive and team coaching approach is based on several licensed tools which help to identify cultural development gaps and improve individual effectiveness when working across cultures.
PS speaks five languages: German, English, French and basic Polish and Arabic.