Indeed, direct losses, underperformance, opportunity costs and poor return on investment can all be related to a failure to apply cultural awareness throughout the pre and post-merger planning and implementation processes. In response to a growing need for a culturally sensitive approach to effecting cross-cultural mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures, Communicaid’s Managing International Mergers and Acquisitions courses take an intercultural approach, linking the cultural dimension as a central component to every stage of the merger process.
Improve your intercultural competence with Communicaid, one of the world’s leading providers of Managing International Mergers and Acquisitions training and consultancy solutions.
Benefits of Managing International Mergers and Acquisitions Courses
- The necessary awareness of the central role of culture in international mergers and acquisitions
- An understanding of the added value of incorporating intercultural approaches to mergers and acquisitions planning and implementation
- The opportunity to identify and analyse fundamental cultural components in mergers and acquisitions planning, preparation and implementation
- The opportunity to develop strategies linking culture with the organisational components of merger planning and implementation
- The tools to develop cultural awareness and cross-cultural competence to effectively manage the cultural challenges inherent in any merger processes
Who should attend?
- You are involved in conducting a cross-cultural merger or joint venture
- You are in a managing position in a recently effected merger or joint venture
- Your work involved close and/or contact with colleagues from other cultures in the development of cross-cultural R&D programmes and/or ventures
Managing International Mergers and Acquisitions courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. A Managing International Mergers and Acquisitions course typically includes:
- The role of individual, national and organisational culture
- Planning and preparing for an international merger or acquisition
- Intercultural due diligence
- The implementation process
- Building trust and relationships
- Cross-cultural management skills
- Challenges and solutions
Your Managing International Mergers and Acquisitions trainer
Your Managing International Mergers and Acquisitions course trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our culture training team.
CR – Cross Cultural Specialist
BA American Studies, Manchester MSc Strategic Training and Development, Surrey
CR has over twenty years international management and intercultural training experience with corporate and non-profit clients in both the US and UK. She has worked with a number of major multi nationals across a wide range of sectors including engineering, energy, finance, pharmaceutical and petrochemical industries. Her areas of expertise include diversity training, intercultural coaching, UK and US business training and cross border communication.
After graduating, CR moved to Chicago where she lived and worked for over ten years. She spent the first four years as Training Manager with International Orientation Resources recruiting and supervising trainers in addition to delivering training herself. She then moved to Bennett Associates where her projects included Train-the –Trainer, cultural adaptability, cross cultural awareness for international management and intercultural training for HR. CR’s final position in the States was as Project Manager for the Anti-Defamation League developing materials and seminars for diversity training.
On her return to the UK in 1996, CR completed her Masters and has since worked as an intercultural and global diversity consultant delivering cultural transition training, diversity seminars and intercultural training in support of European mergers and acquisitions and international HR. CR also regularly delivers workshops and seminars for a number of professional organisations such as SIETAR and CIPD. She has delivered training for key Communicaid clients including Smith & Nephew, L’Oreal and Cadbury Schweppes.