Managing International Teams has been designed to help you understand your international counterparts and colleagues more effectively, allowing you to select and deploy some of the elements of their cultures to maximise teamwork and strengthen group performance and co-ordination.
Improve your intercultural competence with Communicaid, one of the world’s leading providers of Managing International Teams courses.
Benefits of Managing International Teams Courses
- Develop a greater awareness of the values, attitudes and behaviours of different cultures
- Communicate more effectively – both face-to-face and remotely with colleagues from other cultures
- Benefit practically from the different ideas and approaches of team members from other cultures
- Plan and coordinate working in crosscultural teams
- Manage cross-cultural conflict with greater success
Who should attend?
- Has a global function within their organisation
- Regularly manages international project teams
- Manages or collaborates with team members from different cultures
Managing International Teams courses are designed to meet the specific needs of our clients depending on their specific requirements and existing skills set. A Managing International Teams course typically includes:
- Cross-cultural issues at work
- Benefits and challenges of cross-cultural team working
- Cross-cultural values and attitudes within teams
- Working practices & styles
- Strategies for international team building
- Organisational culture and the concept of a ‘third culture’
- Strategies and solutions for effective team working
- Achieving successful communication within your team
- English as the language of international communication
- How to cope with the challenges of virtual communication
Your Managing International Teams trainer
Your Managing International Teams course trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our culture training team.
TH has over twenty years’ experience of language, management and intercultural training, delivering courses in a wide range of countries including France and the USA where he has lived for periods of time. He has run training courses for a large number of corporate multinationals including GSK, Shell, Conoco, Esso, Microsoft and UBS and public sector organisations such as London Regional Transport and the National Bank of Slovakia. His key areas of expertise are leadership, building international teams, diversity and cross-cultural training.
A graduate in English and American language and literature, TH’s first experience of intercultural training was at the University of California. On his return to Europe, he worked for LTS Training and Consultancy setting up an offshoot in Esso France running their sales and technical presentation programmes. TH then spent the next five years working in international conference management in both Paris and London managing teams and events throughout Asia, Europe, Africa and the USA. Since 1994, TH has worked as a training consultant based in London, firstly in international HR project management working in areas of organisational development, performance management and employee relations and more recently in global leadership consultancy focusing on leadership, diversity, cross cultural issues and workforce development.
Key Communicaid clients where TH has delivered international team building courses include BP, BASF, Genzyme, Lehman Brothers and Denton Wilde Sapte.