Drafting Contracts in English is well established as one of Communicaid’s most internationally successfully courses. In addition to our tailored and public courses at our training centre in London, we also deliver Drafting Contracts in English in many other locations including Paris, Madrid, Milan and Frankfurt.
Drafting Contracts in English provides lawyers with interactive sessions on the practical skills required to draft and interpret modern-day legal documents in English. Communicaid’s specialist legal English drafting course combines input on the guidelines for drafting with practical exercises to put these principles into practice.
Communicaid’s Drafting Contracts in English course will provide you with:
- Improved confidence in your ability to interpret and explain contract clauses
- A broader base of vocabulary for discussing contract terms
- Ability to edit and correct your legal documents more effectively
Who should attend
Drafting Contracts in English is ideal for lawyers working in English as a foreign language who need to draft, explain or interpret contract clauses written in English but under their domestic jurisdiction.
Communicaid’s Drafting Contracts in English course will include:
- Guidelines for drafting with a modern style
- Establishing and applying “best practice” into your legal drafting
- Analysis of the structure and use of legal English in the drafting of contracts
- How to avoid typical mistakes and bad habits in legal writing
- Implications for drafting under Common vs. Civil jurisdictions
Drafting Contracts in English Course Trainer*: MD
MD has had wide experience both as a lawyer and as a Legal and Business English course trainer. He has delivered legal English courses on both a one-to-one and group basis running public and tailored Legal English and Drafting Contracts in English courses in-house and abroad. His level of legal expertise has been key in helping his learners to develop their legal English ability, as well as their business English language. MD is a major contributor to developing Communicaid’s Legal English materials. His specialisations include: contract drafting, employment, IP and corporate law.
Recent Communicaid clients to whom he has delivered Drafting Contracts in English and Legal English include: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Bank of Austria, Norbar and the Police School of Finland.
* Please note that Communicaid reserves the right to change course trainers, location and timetable as scheduling commitments require. In each case, we will make every effort to keep you informed and ensure any disruption to you is minimal.