English for Lawyers is an intensive legal English course delivered by experienced lawyers and covers the specialist language skills needed by lawyers to be fully effective in the most demanding legal scenarios. Case studies will be used to build vocabulary and communication skills in areas such as business set-up and sale/purchase through to dispute resolution, litigation, intellectual property and employment issues.
Communicaid’s English for Lawyers course will provide you with:
- Greater confidence in your ability to interpret and explain contract clauses
- Enhanced negotiation skills and techniques
- Improved cross-border communication with colleagues and clients
- More professional and effective business writing
Who should attend
English for Lawyers has been designed for lawyers or company managers with advanced spoken English who need to perfect their specialist legal English skills and draft formal legal documents at near-native speaker level.
Communicaid’s English for Lawyers course will include:
- Accurate use of modern legal English terminology
- Writing clear and concise legal opinions
- Advanced communication skills for negotiation
- Improved practice area-specific vocabulary
- Key language for effective client meetings
English for Lawyers Course Trainer*: DL
Called to the Bar in 1994, DL now combines ongoing legal consultancy with lecturing in Law and Communication at London University and specialist legal English training with Communicaid. He has delivered legal drafting, legal English and communication courses to commercial lawyers worldwide.
DL has provided training for Communicaid for a number of years, working with clients such as Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer on our extended 8-week course, as well as Norbar, Bank of Austria and a wide range of other organisations on both public and tailored, in-house courses. DL contributes regularly to the development of Communicaid’s legal English course materials.
* Please note that Communicaid reserves the right to change course trainers, location and timetable as scheduling commitments require. In each case, we will make every effort to keep you informed and ensure any disruption to you is minimal.