Communicaid’s Legal English for Legal Secretaries course is aimed at providing legal executives and paralegals with the communication tools and skills required to be proficient in their role. The course offers a detailed explanation of the key legal terminology they are likely to be exposed to in their daily work as well as its legal context, and develops the advanced communication skills required by legal secretaries in a modern-day legal department.
With training centres in London, Paris, Frankfurt and New York providing countrywide coverage and partner organisations worldwide, Communicaid is uniquely placed to be your local, national and international training partner for legal English for Legal Secretaries courses.
Communicaid’s Legal English for Legal Secretaries course is aimed at providing you:
- More confidence in your ability to use legal terminology and jargon
- Broader vocabulary for discussing commercial issues
- Improved skills in producing more accurate notes and reports
Who should attend
Communicaid’s Legal English for Legal Secretaries course is ideally suited to assistants working in the legal field who do not have a formal legal qualification but need to be familiar with legal jargon and confident of its meaning and use.
Among the core topic areas covered in Communicaid's Legal English for Legal Secretaries course are:
- Formal writing skills: style, accuracy and structure
- Contract Drafting: key terms
- Translation of legal documents
- Telephone etiquette
- Advanced grammar within a legal context
Drafting Contracts in English Course Trainer*: MD
MD has had wide experience both as a lawyer and as a Legal and Business English course trainer. He has delivered legal English courses on both a one-to-one and group basis running public and tailored Legal English and Drafting Contracts in English courses in-house and abroad. His level of legal expertise has been key in helping his learners to develop their legal English ability, as well as their business English language. MD is a major contributor to developing Communicaid’s Legal English materials. His specialisations include: contract drafting, employment, IP and corporate law.
Recent Communicaid clients to whom he has delivered Drafting Contracts in English and Legal English include: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Bank of Austria, Norbar and the Police School of Finland.
* Please note that Communicaid reserves the right to change course trainers, location and timetable as scheduling commitments require. In each case, we will make every effort to keep you informed and ensure any disruption to you is minimal.