English for the Insurance Industry is a unique programme designed in conjunction with the
Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). It is a five-day programme
that consists of insurance seminars delivered by industry experts from
the CII combined with specialist Insurance English language training by
Communicaid. This course is a must for all insurance professionals
who wish to succeed in the international insurance market.
Communicaid’s English for the Insurance Industry course will provide you with:
- Key financial English terminology
- Greater confidence when discussing financial documents and data
- Increased verbal fluency for face-to-face negotiations
- The confidence to produce professional written reports in English
Who should attend
Communicaid's English for the Insurance Industry course is suitable for all insurance professionals within the industry as well as
in-house insurance managers who need to improve their
ability to communicate effectively in international insurance.
The English for the Insurance Industry course will include:
- A review of the language of general insurance principles
- Key terminology for commercial, non-life and life lines
- A broader knowledge of the workings of the London market
- Tools for effective formal written communication
- An overview of the latest developments in international
insurance from ART to securitisation
Financial English course trainer*: JL
JL worked in account management positions in the insurance broking industry for 15 years, servicing multinational corporate business and broking to worldwide markets, including Lloyd’s of London. A trained linguist, JL then chose to change career, and now specialises in delivering Insurance English courses. JL has worked for Communicaid for more than 9 years, and has delivered a wide range of English courses in the UK and abroad, including Insurance English, Advanced Business Writing and General Business English. Delegates have come from many of Communicaid’s largest clients in the financial, legal and public sectors.
* Please note that Communicaid reserves the right to change course trainers, location and timetable as scheduling commitments require. In each case, we will make every effort to keep you informed and ensure any disruption to you is minimal.