In today’s ever competitive working environment, it is essential to produce clear, error-free and reader-friendly business writing to tight deadlines. Many employees may possess excellent spoken communication skills but often lack confidence when writing business documents.
Communicaid’s public business writing course, Effective Business Writing, will enable you to professionalise your writing skills through presentation and discussion of the key elements of good business writing such as planning, style, audience awareness, punctuation and language choice. You will also analyse and practise writing a range of documents including professional correspondence, business reports, tenders and proposals.
An Effective Business Writing course will provide you with the tools to:
- Speed up the writing process when writing business documents
- Organise your ideas and conclusions coherently in your business writing
- Develop a professional, reader-friendly written style in your business documents
- Expand your range of language when writing business documents
- Edit your own and others’ business writing more effectively
- Improve the presentation of your business writing
Who should attend
A Communicaid Effective Business Writing course will be of benefit to you if:
- You need to write a large number of business documents at speed
- You currently rely on colleagues and supervisors to edit your work
- You would like to develop a more professional business writing style
The Effective Business Writing course will cover:
- The key principles of professional business writing
- Editing your business writing
- Grammar and punctuation review
- Planning and organising your business writing
- Style and language choice
- Business writing for your audience
- Document specific practice
Effective Business Writing Course Trainer: Cathy Wellings
Cathy joined Communicaid in June 2003 and is responsible for the management of all Communicaid Cultural Awareness and Communications Skills courses liaising with clients and trainers to establish the most appropriate approach and course content to meet each delegate's requirements.
In addition, to managing Communicaid ’s team of Communication Skills trainers, Cathy has also designed and delivered a number of Effective Writing Skills courses herself to key clients including Deutsche Bank, AXA PPP and EBRD.