Why attend Effective Virtual Working virtual training? The last ten years have seen a rapid rise in the adoption of virtual working practices among organisations of all types and sizes. In addition to increased productivity and reduced business costs, organisations are also benefiting from a more motivated workforce seeking a better work/life balance.
These opportunities, however, are often outweighed by the challenges that virtual working can bring. Poor communication, a lack of trust and employee disengagement can all too easily make virtual workers less effective and develop into serious issues if neglected. When organisations do prepare their virtual workers and teams, the focus tends to be on developing technology skills rather than on the interpersonal and communicative aspects of working in a virtual team or environment.
Aimed at those who manage or work remotely, this interactive two hour Effective Virtual Working virtual training programme is designed to help you to understand the benefits and challenges of virtual working. Delivered via a virtual platform, this programme allows delegates to experience “best practice” virtual communication first hand and develop good practice for effective virtual working.
Benefits of Effective Virtual Working
Effective Virtual Working will provide you with the tools to:
- Communicate more effectively with colleagues based remotely
- Develop practical strategies to counter the challenges of working virtually
- Leverage the benefits of working virtually
Who should attend Effective Virtual Working?
Effective Virtual Working is aimed at professionals who:
- Regularly work as part of virtual project teams
- Liaise with clients and colleagues based remotely
- Work regularly from home or satellite offices through virtual means
- Rely on emails, telephone calls and video conferences to communicate with colleagues and counterparts
Effective Virtual Working Programme Content
Our Effective Virtual Working public programme will cover:
- Key definitions and concepts of virtual working
- Varieties of virtual communication and tips for using each more effectively
- Practical challenges and solutions for virtual working
- Building and maintaining virtual relationships
- Recommendations and best practice for more effective virtual working
Effective Virtual Working Course Trainer
MA Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching
RSA Diploma Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults
Foundation Diploma in Executive Coaching
CW has extensive experience of developing culture and communication awareness training programmes for a wide range of organisations and multicultural groups. CW has worked with clients such as Unicredit, Cadbury Schweppes, GlaxoSmithkline, SriLankan Airlines, the FCO and DFID.
CW’s training background spans 15 years. She has lived and worked in France and Spain training professionals in communication skills. Since her return to London in 1996, CW has delivered a wide range of training to many international groups and individuals, lawyers, bankers, sales & marketing managers, as well as training professionals.
CW is licensed to use the International Profiler, Communicaid’s chosen intercultural development tool and is an accredited coach with the Academy of Executive Coaching.
She joined Communicaid in 2003 and as Culture and Communication Manager, she is responsible for the development and management of all Communicaid Cultural Awareness and Communications Skills programmes.