The Importance of Influencing & Negotiating Skills: At work, we frequently need to influence others’ behaviour and decision making as well as take part in more formal negotiations. Whether upwards or sideways within your own organisation, or with external clients or suppliers, there will be times when you want people to see things from your point of view. You want to win people round without causing conflict or disagreement. Becoming more aware of the impact you have on others as well as an understanding of what drives your key counterpart’s opinion and position is vital when influencing and negotiating.
Benefits of Influencing & Negotiating Skills Course
This course will provide you with:
- A more positive and confident approach to influencing and negotiating
- An awareness of different negotiating styles and how to respond to them
- More personal impact when communicating throughout and outside your organisation
- Greater awareness of your current influencing style and techniques for more effective ways of influencing
Who should attend an Influencing & Negotiating Skills Course
This course will be of benefit to you if you:
- Need to build relationships and influence others within your organisation
- Have a role which requires you to influence rather than manage
- Take part in or lead price or other types of formal negotiations
- Manage potentially difficult relationships with clients and other external contacts
Influencing & Negotiating Skills Course Content
This course includes:
- Identifying your counterpart’s influencing styles and preferences
- Choosing a communication style and approach that works
- How to expand your sphere of influence
- Pre-negotiation preparation, setting objectives, win-win and fall back positions
- The negotiation cycle
- Developing your emotional intelligence
- The role of body language
Influencing & Negotiating Course Trainer
Financial Planning Certificate
Master Practitioner in Neurolinguistic Programming
GR is a highly experienced training and coaching practitioner with a commercial background in sales and marketing within the insurance sector. She has a keen interest in personal development and change management and delivers a wide range of culture and communication training programmes including sales and influencing, performance management, interpersonal skills, team building and negotiation skills.
Her career with the General Accident Group spanned nearly twenty years culminating with her position as IFA Sales Manager. This involved managing a team of 80 staff as well as delivering results in line with company strategy after the merger of two separate organisations. During her career, she was involved with numerous high level negotiations and change management transitions and brings a wealth of hands on experience to her training.
GR has been a freelance trainer since 1999 and is also a regular speaker at the Chartered Insurance Institute. She has delivered training programmes for key Communicaid clients including MBDA and the Government Offices for the Regions.