Why attend a Writing with Impact course? It is not sufficient to write competently, in order to ensure that your communication is read and acted upon you need to write with impact. While a document may be correctly written and well structured, there is often a distinct absence of the sophisticated and targeted language necessary to influence, inspire and persuade. What is more, the correct use of register, tone and degree of warmth is often missing which can seriously impact how your message is received and acted upon.
This one-day Writing with Impact course will provide you with the high level skills necessary to communicate more effectively with your audience. By attending this Writing with Impact course you will gain a competitive advantage and develop your ability to write more persuasive and reader-focused documents.
This Writing with Impact course will provide you with the tools to:
- Express complex ideas and issues effectively in your written communication (reports,
proposals, emails, etc.)
- Write documents that get read
- Build rapport with your readers
- Write to influence, persuade, motivate and inspire
- Write punchy documents that produce an action
Who should attend
This Writing with Impact course is aimed at native level speakers of English who already write to a good standard. This programme is a must if you:
- Need to ensure that your written communication is read and acted upon
- Produce sales and marketing literature
- Write documents that require a decision or action
- Have already attended Communicaid’s Effective Business Writing programme
- Review of key principles of good writing
- Techniques for creating impact
- Language to persuade and influence
- Techniques for emphasis
- Making your writing memorable
- How to build warmth and report
- Writing to your audience
Writing with Impact Course Trainer*
Cathy Wellings, Communicaid’s Culture and Communication Manager, has extensive experience of developing culture and communication skills training programmes for a wide range clients across all industries and sectors. In recent years, Cathy has assisted many of our clients to understand the important role culture and communication plays in international business and relations. Clients that have benefited from Cathy’s interaction include Cadbury Schweppes, GlaxoSmithKline, Rolls Royce and Sony.
Cathy’s training background spans 15 years in both the UK as well as overseas in France and Spain. She has worked across all major sectors designing and delivering communication training to senior managers and directors. Cathy is responsible for the design and delivery of many of our successful writing skills programmes.