Why Doing Business in China? The most populous country in the world, the People’s Republic of China continues to see foreign businesses race to invest in its increasingly prosperous companies and industries. A country of unique etiquette and ceremonies, understanding Chinese business, culture and ethics is paramount for any organisation doing business in today's progressive China.
Communicaid’s public cultural awareness course, Doing Business in China, is ideal for professionals and teams who endeavour to build more successful business relationships with Chinese colleagues, suppliers and clients. Doing Business in China will provide you with the tools to maximise the competitive advantage of doing business in China through a combination of in-depth background information and hands-on practical tips and solutions.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in China courses will provide you with:
- A clear understanding of the key drivers that motivate your Chinese business counterparts
- A comprehensive framework for understanding Chinese business and culture
- Practical strategies for doing business with Chinese counterparts more effectively
- A better understanding of the challenges of establishing or doing business in China
- Greater ability to establish successful relationships with your Chinese colleagues, clients and suppliers
Who should attend
A Communicaid Doing Business in China course will be of benefit to you if you are:
- Considering doing business in China
- Establishing a network of Chinese suppliers
- Experiencing the challenges of doing business in China
- Employing Chinese nationals within your organisation
A Doing Business in China course includes:
- Historical and political overview of China
- Chinese culture: religion, language, beliefs and customs
- Chinese business and economic environment
- Chinese cultural values and attitudes in the workplace
- Management and working styles for doing business in China
- Chinese business communication and negotiation styles
- Challenges and solutions for doing business in China
Doing Business in China Course Trainer
Detailed below is the profile of a member of our Doing Business in China cultural training team.
BP is a senior business professional with significant international management and marketing experience. He lived in Singapore between 1977 and 1982 and in Hong Kong for four years during the mid 1990s. He continues to do business throughout the region with particular focus on China and Hong Kong.
BP started his career as a construction engineer for Eastern Electricity. He joined Pirelli in 1966
and worked throughout the UK before moving to Singapore as their resident Far East engineer.
His UK career with Pirelli then included roles as marketing manager, corporate external affairs and corporate commercial manager. As Far East director for Pirelli, BP was based in Hong Kong
but opened up the market in China negotiating numerous contracts across the country.
BP is currently on secondment from Pirelli acting as business adviser and export promoter on Hong Kong and China for the Department of Trade and Industry. He is also business advisor for the China-Britain Business Council giving advice on a variety of sectors including construction, manufacturing and telecommunications. Part of his present role is to give lectures and seminars and hold clinics on doing business in China and Hong Kong so as to better understand their markets.
As well as running Communicaid’s Doing Business in China public course, BP has delivered successful personalised Doing Business in China courses for clients including the Chartered Institute of Taxation, Gillette and Pfizer.
* Please note that Communicaid reserves the right to change course trainers, location and timetable, as scheduling commitments require. In each case, we make every effort to keep you informed and to ensure any disruption to you is minimal.