Why attend Doing Business in France? France is an attractive choice for foreign investment offering a skilled workforce, modern infrastructure and a superb location for trading with the rest of the European Union. Taking advantage of these benefits, however, requires businesses to work within the uniqueness of French culture and to understand the French way of doing business.
Communicaid’s public cultural awareness course Doing Business in France has been developed to help individuals and organisations overcome these challenges, maximise your investments in France and will include key tips and strategies to ensure successful relations with your French colleagues and clients.
Communicaid’s Doing Business in France courses will provide you with:
- A framework for understanding French business culture
- Analysis of cultural values and behaviours prevalent in France
- Discussion of the potential issues involved in establishing business in France
- Practical strategies for working more effectively with French counterparts
Who should attend?
A Communicaid Doing business in France course will be of benefit to you if you are:
- Doing business in France
- Establishing a network of French suppliers
- Experiencing the challenges of working in France
- Employing French nationals within your organisation
- Working on a joint venture or project with French colleagues or partners
Doing Business in France course includes:
- An overview of France: economic, political and historical context
- A cultural framework for doing business in France
- French management, decision making and negotiating styles
- How to build relationships with your French contacts
- Communicating with the French: language, non-verbal communication, interpersonal interaction
- Practical considerations: Do’s and Don’ts when doing business in France
Doing Business in France Course Trainer*
Your Doing Business in France trainer will be assigned to you following the results of your diagnostic consultancy according to your objectives and areas of focus. Detailed below is the profile of a member of our French cultural training team.
BB has over fifteen years experience in banking, commerce and training in a range of business contexts, including France, the Netherlands, Africa, and the United Kingdom. Whilst in West Africa she worked for a major oil company as a training and development specialist responsible for identifying, designing and delivering a range of language and intercultural programmes and events. BB also delivered a range of training programmes in Dubai, East Africa and Greece.
BB has been based in London since 1998. From 1998 until 2001 she worked as a lecturer at the University of North London teaching business French to university undergraduates and designing and delivering seminars in Intercultural Communication. She is currently working as a language and cultural consultant, focusing on organising and delivering cultural awareness training programmes aimed at university undergraduates and senior personnel in the UK.
With a B.A. degree in French, and a Senior Vocational Diploma in International Business Studies, BB is also a member of the ITIM International Network (Institute for Training in Intercultural Management), having followed a four-year programme for trainers in Intercultural Communication in The Netherlands.
BB has delivered a number of training programmes on French culture to key Communicaid clients including Cadbury, Vodafone and Matsushita.