Doing Business in Brazil
As one of the BRIC countries, Brazil has experienced phenomenal growth over the last decade. Driven in large by its immense natural resources, this growth has seen Brazil firmly establish itself as a world economic power. As hosts to the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics, all eyes will be on Brazil as it gears up to welcome the world. There are immense opportunities for organisations across all sectors who wish to do business with Brazil and benefit from this dynamic market.
The challenges of investing and doing business in Brazil should not be underestimated however, as Brazilians bring different cultural attitudes and values to business. Understanding and preparing for these differences is key to ensuring long-term success in Brazil. 'Doing Business in Brazil' has been developed specifically to assist you and your organisation to be more effective when doing business with Brazilians. We will offer you valuable strategies for successful communication and an increased awareness of the cultural variables that influence working practices, communication and relationships in Brazil.
Doing Business in Brazil provides you with:
- A framework for understanding Brazilian business culture
- An understanding of cultural values and behaviours prevalent in Brazil
- Greater awareness of potential issues involved in establishing a business in Brazil
- Practical strategies for working more effectively with Brazilian counterparts
Who should attend?
Doing Business in Brazil will benefit anyone considering or already:
- Doing business with Brazil
- Travelling regularly to Brazil
- Investing in or setting up a new subsidiary in Brazil
- Experiencing the challenges of working in Brazil
- Employing Brazilian nationals within their organisation
Doing Business in Brazil content
- Understanding Brazil and the Brazilians: historical perspective, geography, economy, people and society
- Cultural attitudes and behaviours: relationships vs. task orientation, status and hierarchy, gender attitudes, risk
- Working and doing business in Brazil: managing meetings, negotiating in Brazil, attitudes to outsiders/foreigners
- Communication styles: business etiquette; "taboo" conversation subjects, presentations
Doing Business in Brazil Course Trainer
BA Public Relations, Casper Libero College, Sao Paulo, Brazil
MA Interpreting, London Metropolitan University, UK
MA Intercultural Communication for Business and Profession, Birkbeck, University of London, UK
DC graduated in Brazil before moving to the UK where she pursued postgraduate studies in interpreting. Since then, she has gained valuable intercultural experience from number of projects she has undertaken with Brazilian and British clients.
DC has worked as a linguist, trainer, writer and voice over artist for many years and has built strong reputation with her clients as an interpreter and translator in conferences and business meetings. She also delivers cultural awareness training programmes to groups and individuals at UKTI as well as top legal and financial institutions.
DC shares her expertise of the Brazilian business culture with major international organisations and key Communicaid clients such as the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, BNP Paribas, BAE Systems and leading UK financial and legal firms.