Effective Global Leadership
Operating globally is now the norm for most large organisations and often in increasingly diverse geographies. Organisations that are successful internationally require their managers and leaders to adopt a global mindset. Approaches to management and leadership styles that work well at home are often less effective in a global context. Excellent global leaders are able to flex their natural style and adapt their default behaviours when necessary according to the culture and context where they are working.
Communicaid's 'Effective Global Leadership' programme will improve your global leadership skills by increasing your understanding of culture and how it impacts cross-cultural communication, working relationships and leadership styles. You will have the opportunity to develop strategies to understand and improve your global leadership style and be better equipped to appropriately and effectively respond to any intercultural challenge as a leader.
This Effective Global Leadership programme will provide you with:
- An increased awareness of culture and its impact on you as a global leader
- An understanding of how communication styles impact global business and leadership
- Improved communication skills to positively interact and lead colleagues in a global context
- Enhanced leadership skills to more effectively inspire and motivate people across cultures
- An opportunity to share your experiences of global leadership with people in a similar role
- Practical strategies to improve leadership of and relationships with global counterparts
Who should attend?
Effective Global Leadership will benefit anyone who:
- Leads an international or multicultural team either at home or abroad
- Manages global projects with counterparts around the world
- Has been identified as a potential global leader of the future
- Experiences the challenges of leading across cultures
Effective Global Leadership content
Our Effective Global Leadership public programme covers:
- Overview of key cultural drivers and their impact on global leadership
- Perceptions, stereotypes and expectations across cultures
- Global leadership styles and working preferences
- Creating impact: adapting your communication style for more effective global leadership
- Managing change, ambiguity and conflict across cultures
- Tips for dealing with the challenges of matrix management across borders
- Effective virtual global leadership: practical challenges and solutions
- Intercultural competence for global leadership: personal skills developmentt
- Practical tools and strategies for leading more effectively across cultures
- Leadership self-assessments, models of excellence and personal action planning
Effective Global Leadership Course Trainer
PS has over eleven years of experience in consultancy, human resources management and intercultural training and has lived in the UK, Poland, Egypt as well as her native Germany. Her key areas of expertise include global leadership, multicultural teams, international assignments, repatriation and cross cultural management.
PS now works as an intercultural training consultant in London. Her experience in the field of international HR project management involves working in areas of recruitment, organisational development, performance management and employee relations. More recently, PS has worked on several global leadership consultancy projects focusing on leadership, diversity, cross cultural issues and workforce development.
Her executive and team coaching approach is based on several licensed tools which help to identify cultural development gaps and improve individual effectiveness when working across cultures.