Why attend a Managing Global Talent training programme? Global talent is the greatest strength of successful international organisations, yet many companies struggle to effectively attract, develop and retain a talented global workforce. Careful talent management and succession planning across global operations can be extremely challenging as well as time-consuming due to the diverse needs of local markets and populations. Maximising human capital effectively across the globe requires a subtle combination of global best practice, local understanding and awareness of the impact of cultural orientations on workplace behaviours and motivators.
Managing Global Talent offers in-depth insights into the challenges and opportunities facing organisational development, leadership and talent management teams in global organisations and helps you to identify the qualities and competencies needed to give your global talent pool the competitive edge. Training provides you with greater awareness of the complex cultural issues at play when transforming high performers into future global leaders.
Benefits of Managing Global Talent
Managing Global Talent provides participants with:
- An understanding of cultural drivers that motivate and incentivise employees across different global geographies
- A comparison of key people management styles across cultures
- Practical strategies for managing and developing global talent
- A take-away toolkit for developing best practice for global talent management
Who should attend Managing Global Talent?
Managing Global Talent is aimed at:
- Global HR, Organisational Development, Leadership Development and Talent Managers
- International assignment or relocation specialists
- People managers working in an international role
Managing Global Talent Programme Content
Our Managing Global Talent public programme will include:
- Cultural drivers affecting global working practices
- Expectations and perceptions of people management and development across cultures
- Understanding the global mindset: qualities and attributes for effective global working
- Assessing and developing a global mindset in your talent pool
- Preparing local talent for global roles
- Practical strategies, techniques and tools for more effective global talent management and succession planning
Managing Global Talent Course Trainer
Both a strategic and fully hands on global talent and HR professional with over 15 years experience in and around the Far East, HS has worked with senior management teams and individuals and has developed national and international personnel to a global standard. She has a passion for Vietnam and East Asian cultures in general which stands out in the training she delivers.
HS has worked with teams in Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Maldives, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Timor Leste and Vietnam, in the private, public and not for profit sectors and has a wealth of diverse, management, HR and Learning and Development experience. She is fluent in English, French and Thai.
In her HR, Talent and Training Manager roles in a number of Accor Asia Pacific hotels across East Asia, HS conducted cultural awareness training courses as part of the induction programme for all new employees. Additionally, HS introduced expatriate managers and their families to the challenges and benefits of working and living in other cultures. Most recently, HS worked with managers settling in Cambodia, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam and developed a team event for national and international staff embracing 17 different nationalities.
HS now works as a coach and consultant for all levels of management on all areas of HR and business management.